Monday, June 3, 2013

England is on your Side and Praying

Hello my loves! This is he new and improved 21 year old Sister Wengert! haha just kidding- I feel old allready- well maybe that is just because I fall out to the praying position at 6:30 every morning! This week has been filled with so many ups and downs but overall a good week full of life lessons and great expereinces. Most inportantly Dallin- So many people have heard about you all the way over here in England and have fasted and are praying for you. The entire England Birmingham Mission (all 203 Missionaries) fasted for you dallin and continue to pray for you daily. There is strength and power in fasting. It made me feel so good and proud to be around such incredible and caring people here in England. That night I found out about Dallin's accident I immediatly had a Dinner appoitment and even a dessert appoitment set up for that Sunday (the next day). People were fighting over who got to feed me and Sister Obies Sanchez. Everyone was so supportive at church and said that the Wengert's are in there prayers. At the dinner app, this newly baptised 8 year old boy Samuel told me that today was his first time fasting. He got to chose what to fast for becuase he was learning about fasting for a purpose and he told me that it was his idea to fast for Dallin and Sister Wengert's family. It about broke my heart as this adorable boy told me how good he felt when he fasted even though it was hard. The power of fasting is real and just know so many people here in Cheltenham are praying for you and have added the facbook page and have looked and probably even donated to Dallin and Amy's fundraising page. The support from the missionaries, president and his wife, and the ward here is unbleievable and makes me feel so much better. I am doing great and the lord is blessing us with even more success.
 I had a great Birthday and was pretty spoiled that day-  We had district meeting that day were the Elders sang Happy Birthday to me. Then we later went to TGI-Fridays and had dinner. Of course the Elders were 35 minutes late but it was so fun to be all together and just relax, I got a cool ballon birthday hat and the elders even paid for my dinner. They really are the greatest and it is crazy how close everyone grows together. Sister Obies Sanchez also bought a birthday cake and we had carrot cake at our flat that night. They brought me a birthday card from the Elders and granola bars and said they bought these because we know you dont like to eat lots of sweets but like to eat wierd healthy things! But it meat a lot to me and I had a great day! Thank you for all the packages- everyone was quite jealous of me. Tara I loved your card and you better believe it is on my wall right next to the picture of our family at Dallins Wedding! Ty and Levi look soooo cute like usual and Ty seems to be doing really good! Thank you for the cookie- it was in about 45 little peices but it was the best 45 peieces of cookie I have eaten in a long time.Thanks so much for all the birthday packages and Grandma who knew someone could get so excited when they recieved General Conference Cd's 2012! Quite the hot wanted item around the mission so thank you! I loved it! But I had a great birthday and that night as usual we had Family Home Evening at one of my favorite families Suzie Lonterman and her two girls Beatrix and Charlotte. and Guess what game I taught them "Dont Eat Pete" and they loved it so much I have a pretty good video of it and they keep the board and said they would play it every FHE. They loved it and were so excited it was a family game we played and they want to challange us to a Dont eat Pete Marathon. They are pretty good- they cleared the whole board and ate all my Cadburry Chocolate I brought! So fun though! 
We had some pretty tough lessons this weeek. We had a lesson with a man named Steven and he tore us up pretty good. He is a philosopher, theology, like professor at a University type guy- studies plato and knows his bible well. The second we stepped into his home the spirit was immediatly thrown out the window. He started yelling about the Book of Mormon, saying we were wrong, telling us that God doesnt care about what we beleive, that we are lost and have no hope, and just saying very inappropriate things specifically about Heavenly Father and overall just very rude to us. Pretty intense moments and not gonna lie- almost teared up a bit, but then I decided no- I know this gospel is true and then finally he stopped talking and took a breath and I bore my testimony to him. I told Steven that I know I have a Heavenly Father who does care and he loves me and even loves you. I testified of the Book of Mormon and Joseph Smith and the incredible man he was, and as I was testifying he finally stopped and for the first time in the lesson listened to me and stopped talking. As I testified- I could feel power in my words and I know the Lord put his words in my mouth. I finished, told him we would be happy to teach him and do what we do as missionaries and then said nice to meet you and we walked out. Definitly a expereince I will never forget, and I hope Steven never forgets. We also had a similar lesson like that one but with a women named Kathy from Kongo, Africa, she is a preacher at a local christian church and was preaching it up in that room. She invites anyone who wants to talke about Jesus into her home is what she said, But she will read the Book of Mormon, but refused to pray, but I know she will feel the spirit as she reads Moroni 10.
This week we also got a baptismal date- Mark Anthony...yes that is his real name. He is origanally frpm Sri Lanka speaks very little english but is so excited to read the BOM which we got in "tamil" (his 1st language) and he said he will prepare to be baptised as he recieves his answer which I can promise to him he will. I love how as missionaries we are able to promise things to our investigators and they will come true. So were excited but have lots of work to do with Mark. 
This past week has been sooo rainy and im officially a real missionary- everything I own is officially water stained- my scriptures, notebooks, clothes, everything! This week we also had exchanges with the Sister Training Leaders aka Sister Zone leaders- the first ones in the mission so far! Exciting times- ps we have 15 sisters coming next trasfer and Tara that girl from your ward is here but I havent met her yet. But they are so great- Sister Nelson and Sister Turnbow- Me and Sister Nelson have become really good friends and are planning on doing triathalons when we get back. But I learned so much from them and we even had a car for the day! We had a DA that day and I had Curry for the first time from Mama Chesters! The Best :) But we found some really good people and overall a really successful day! I think the Lord knew that I needed them there that day becuase that is when President called me and told me the news about Dallin and his accident. They helped so much and I know the Lord knew they would so I truely am grateful for them. The Chelteham ward is so incredible and have been so good to me offereing me every last thing I could possible need, but really I am doing good! I find that the harder I Work, I know the more Dallin will be blessed. So is there a specific address I can send Dallin some Post? Should I send it to Tara's? Grandma? Let me know becuase my district wants to send him something. The Elders have been so good to me and have been so supportive and worried about Dallin. They are so great and I know that being in Cheltenham at this time was exactly were I was suppose to be. But England is definitly praying for dallin, So many Elders and Sisters have been saying and asking about dallin! Everyone over here have somehow found the facebook page and the fundraising page! It really is incredible- Dallin has people praying for him all over the world! The power of prayer is so real and I have seen that firsthand as a missionary. I am so grateful for this knowledge that I have. Mom please keep me updated on Everything- the good and the bad I want to know it all! Dally look pretty good in that picture, but just know so many prayers are being said over here. Every DA I go to they pray for him and our family. We are strong and Dallin- you will get through this and become even Stronger. But thank you for the prayers for me as well, I feel them all the way over here in England. I love this gospel and I have seen the Lord's hand especially strong in my life this week and I do not doubt that! 
I think the highlight of this week was the Birmingham "come Unto Christ" missionary Choir on Friday. They chose 48 missionaries from the mission and we practiced all day Friday (so fun to see everyone and even got to see Sister Vance from the MTC) and sang an arrangement of songs to people at the Cheltenham Chapel. It was incredible and the spirit was so strong. There were so many non members and investigators and know that this choir of missionaires have planted the seed of many in their hearts. One neat thing Bishop told me was that when he gave the opening prayer at that choir, he paused for  along time and told me he felt prompted to pray for these missionaries families- he said at the time had no idea why he was suppose to say that, but now he does. The lords hand is truely in all things. I love this work and love being a missionary. Dallin be strong and know England is on your side!
Cheers
w9
Sister Wengert




No comments:

Post a Comment