Thursday, March 5, 2015

Well... I'm back and back into action!

I am back to school at Utah State University and almost have finished my first year back. I have recently been accepted into the secondary education program and I am in the health education and promotion major.

I have recently been reflecting on the importance of education and why I want to be a part of it. I have about two years left of school but enjoy my education classes.

With coming home from a mission and having to make life changing decisions, it has really helped me to focus on why I am go into this particular field of career.

I recently heard the story of a young boy on the beach throwing one star fish back into the water one at a time. An old man comes up and claims he is not making a difference since there are hundreds of starfish that have been washed up on the shore. The boy claims that he has made a difference with one, which is difference enough. I want to become a teacher so I can change that one.

Looking back on my education I have had a variety of teachers who have made a big impact in my life. They may have only made an impact in my life, but I will then make an impact in another person's life, and hopefully that person will make a difference in someone else's life. It is a chain reaction that never stops.

I want to be a teacher because education is everything and affects our life in a variety of ways. I want to teach high school in particular because it is such an important time in our life. High school is a time of choice, finding yourself, and preparing for the future. You need important role models in your life at that time and I feel that as an educator you can be that role model. I want to be a teacher so I can help generations now and to come to become better. teaching is exactly how that is done. 

 I want to teach health science classes (anatomy and physiology, nutrition, dietetics, etc) and eventually go into administration. It feels good to be on my way, and I m excited for the future. 

I love how the world of teaching is changing and becoming even better. Technology is becoming a big part of education. Blogs are changing the face of education and they make sharing ideas with other educators which is so helpful. These are some great blogs to learn from you should check them out too!

1.  http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=61490

2. http://room9nelsoncentral.blogspot.com/

3. http://classblogmeister.com/blog.php?blogger_id=65078

No comments:

Post a Comment