Monday, July 29, 2013

A new member of the Cheltenham Family!

HELLO MI FAMILIA!!! 
Hello everyone and thank you for the emails! My TyTy and Levi are ADORABLE! Soooo cute! I was showing everyone! Everyone sounds Great and Dally you sound even funnier than before, imagine that! Mom you will be the BEST seminary teacher and I would love to be in your class even at 6:30 in the morning! DADDY happy Birthday Your birthday card is probably gonna be a bit late but its a coming!! I love you and thanks for being lierally the MAN! You may be getting up there but you still got it papa Steve!
 Hate to say it but the sunshine streak came to an end....I have been trying to tell her his is not normal, and that it rained all day everyday the first 2 months I was here, and that it would come, but nope she prayed for rain. And let me remind you that God answers all prayers and we got it! She was loving it- biking in the Rain and we got soaked! Oh yeah- we are officially on BIKES and it is sooo much better! I love my bike- Me and Bulseye ride like the Wind haha! But it is so much better and have been waiting to ride since day one, my Pigue (Bum) is not to happy and my hair is NEVER done anymore and I always have helmet head but I love it! The first day was a bit crazy because I had to figure out English driving and the roads are a bit dodgy but I Got it down pact and I lead us like a champ, you would Think I was a English chap not some Foreigner! But the Elders took such good care of us and helped us pick out our bikes and made sure we got a good deal on them, mine is Black with a sweet white design on it! We are rocking it and get more done in a day which is even better and you better beleive we look good as our skirts are flying everywhere (I love bike shorts underneath = lifesaver), backpacks, and helmets! It is a bit tricky riding and pulling your skirt out of the spokes, but hey we pray each time we leave, no Fear! (D&C6:36) Love it! 
This week was really good! We did a lot of service for some ward members this week which I love and dont worr dad, I show them how Wengert's work- just like the old days of cleaning Ditches. But we saw Derek 1 (not Derek2000) haha and taught him the Gospel of Jesus Christ but he hasnt come to church yet so we decided we wernt leaving until we had a committment for Church! He is warming up so much more to us- love this guy to death. We left with a somewhat Ill see how I feel at 9:30 am! Well we decided to fast later that week for Derek to come to church. We had done this before and sadly he didnt show but this time we fasted and prayed that he would not be able to sleep in (the lord answers all missionaries prayers) Sunday rolls around, we are waiting outside as it is starting to rain, praying in my heart, no Pleading! (We had to cut his Baptismal date- because no church yet) We called him at 9:47 and he answers and says "Sista's Im on my way see you in 5" I just about did a toetouch in the car park of the church... I knew he would come. The power of fasting is undeniable (right Dally man)! He rolls up in his smart trousers and suit and a smile on his faceThis week was full of miracles and this was a huge step for Derek 1! The Lord truely answers ALL prayers of the missionaries. One thing I have really come to learn out here is that this work is so much beyond us. It is truely the Lord's work and we are his literal hands doing the work. Such a privelage! We also had our 9 year old invesitigator at church- it is here 4th sunday in a row. We are going to get her on a date this week for sure! Im really excited to teach her!
This week we also taught Theo our other African, we are next sending the misisonires to his family living in London that he goes back to ever weekend! He is the hardest person I have ever taught, but learn so much from this man and his incredible faith. He would literally cut off his arm if he felt the lord wanted him to do. We also have officially started a sports night here in Cheltenham, it was a ward members idea and than passed it onto me so we thought we would start small and get bigger. We all showed up (Like 5 members and 2 non members) and started playing football (American Soccer), there was this lady and man sitting down on the grass and she came over and started talking with us and asking what we were doing. She explained that she is working with a local youth outreach program and that they play and do different activites every wednesday same time as us. I explained who we were and asked if we could maybe combine. With in the next 20 minutes we had about 25 people playing all together, and the numbers should grow each week. It is a really good way to get our name out there and introduce the church to some non members. Im really excited to see where this goes, and this wednesday should be even bigger! It was a real success.
This week we did a lot of cycling and going to Less Acitves that the Bishop had split up and given each companionship. Of course we hit some serious rain, but hey got to love it! This week was also Elder Wiser ( a new missionar) He just turned 19 and Elder Kerr's (21) Birthday! Elder Kerr goes home next wednesday, he has been here since day one with me..Im gonna miss him big time, but us sisters of course spoiled them by making cupcakes and Gluten free Bisquits (cookies) for Elder Wiser (Ciliac)! We finally also got Sister Andersen into a Doctor in Wales, so we roadtriped it up with the Elders to get her ankle looked @. She hurt her ligament and need to take it easy but Bikes are still an option, but Im just playing Doctor and making sure she takes it a bit easy every now and then, but she is tough for sure! This week Devin would be proud I ate just like an African! Mama Chesters in our ward from Botswana (the lady in the last picture I sent last wee) fed us and she insisted we eat chicken and corn meal and it all with our hands. ha I love it! 
We also had a YM/YW Activity- A water fight and they wanted us to all come, so of course we accepted! We got soaked but the Cheltenham ward is seriously the Best! Such a fun evening! But I love being a missionary! I love the hard moments (well mostly after the are over) and the good moments, this week is going to be a great one! I have the funkiest missionary tan lines on my feet from my flats, love wearing my backpack and cruising on Bullseye, and sharing the gospel! I miss you all so much, and love hearing Everything that is going on! I love you all- Thank you for being great! Tara I cant wait to hear what your having and you to Amy! Any names?? Tara if you have a girl you can finally start using your girl clothes you have been stashing! Love you all have a great week! Dallin your doing great at your program- I want to see a video of this new and improved Dally Man! Hook a sister up! Love you all Cheerio!
Cheers
w9 Sister Wengert

ps.. Ty and Alexia Whaaattttt hahaha Crazy! That is awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment