Monday, September 30, 2013

Miracles Happen

Thank you for the email and that picture made my day of Dallin and Dan! Just like the shirt says, Miracles Happen and are around us each day. I hope Dan is doing good still and it is amazing to watch the gospel change people. I hope his mother problems get easier, he will be in my prayers for sure. The Member Missionary 21 day program really is amazing isnt it and Im introducing it to the area here in derby. Nobody has every heard of it so we prayed and set up 4 solid families in the ward to start it and Im so excited to see the results becuase I know the Lord keeps his promises, I have the strongest testimony of that. Sounds like another busy week for the wengert clan! Man everyone is getting married and having babies! Im so far behind hahaha, but C'est La vie (such is life) is what Sister Pe'ronnet and I would say. Half Ten is 10:30 and I am so excited to be in Bed. Derek I think of you each time I get on my bed and think of how it took you 3 months to get  a pillow as I lay on my expensive memory foam bed, if it makes you feel better I dont have a pillow either, but memory foam is where it is at! That is so cool about your experience with the font, the best feeling ever right. That feeling is what helps me to get out of bed every morning at half six (6:30), to tract at GQ in the rain, to bike and pull my skirt out of bullseye, and to do what we do every day. That feeling is it, its unlike any feeling of happiness, but more like Joy or bliss. How many missionaries do you have in our ward now?
This week has been pretty epic not going to lie! The Lord is blessing me so much becuase he knows Im am freaking out just a bit becuase Im in charge of a huge area I know nothing about. We did loads of finding this week and hour after hour after hour of nobody even willing to listen gets tough, but I know the Lord sees us working and that helps us to press foward. We found some really cool people on the street this week: Street contacting is really the biggest part of missionary work we do here in England at least. Not as much tracting and going door to door as it used to be: Missionary work is changing to the times as well. pretty cool! But the highlight of my week was probably finding Christopher. We were walking down a busy street by the city centre and stopping random people. We had been finding for the past 3 hours and we were getting a bit frazzled becuase no luck with anyone. As we came up to Chris, it was neat how looking back now and picturing the street, Chris really was the only one that stood out to me as we walked through this huge crowd. We were prompted to stop and talk to him. Christopher is a big guy: easily  6'3 280 pounds maybe, a big guy; 32 years old. We stopped and told him about the Book of Mormon, and how God had a plan for him. He was touched and you could see with your own eyes how the spirit touched this big 6'3 guy. Chris is prepared. We set up an app on the street, his phone wasnt working and he had to go and we were only able to get his address. I have never prayed so hard for someone to remember a appoitment we set up. We went over on Friday and of course he remebered and were able to teach him the restoration and committ him to baptism! He came to a 8 year old in the wards baptism (LA family who's very once LA dad baptised him; so special) and loved it. He loves the idea of getting a fresh new clean start to his life! Sunday he wasnt able to attend church, but we taught him after and he loved the Plan of salvation and we put him on a baptismal date for the 26 October! He just keeps saying He has never been happier, and it feels weird. Ive never felt happy before he keeps saying. The gospel brings so much change into others lives and it is amazing to watch isnt it! He needs the gospel so bad in his life and I am privelaged enough to help him just a tiny bit. Chris is the man!
We also had our chinese investigator Yan there who knows it all he just says he needs more time to be baptised. He came to the baptism and we taught him that night and it probably was one of the most spirtual lessons on my mission so far. The spirit was so strong. We talked about following the saviour by being baptised and asked him to pray now with us to ask if he should be baptised soon. He started in his broken english with Dear Heavenly Fader... and goes off into Chinese and ends in english again. We sat there for a good 4 minutes and he began to pray again by himself. I was praying so hard myslef and in the end, he just said he needs more time, more time... He is moving back to China at the end of this month. It is so discouraging and sad to see when people you love so much dont accept all of the gospel. Yan is probably one of the most humble people I know, but I know the Lord;'s timing is in all things and all will work out. Just so frustrating! I love teaching him becuase we all huddle on a coach and use simple english words to teach him. Sometimes I think I have been called to Teddi's mission and should be speaking Chinese instead, one of our investigators in Chinese as well and same thing! Really good expereinces and reminds me that the gospel is so simple.
The derby ward is so special and I love them allready! We had a serious munch and mingle after church yesterday which was really fun and such great people who love their missionaries serving in their ward. Life is great, Derby is a bit crazy, but the lord watches over us. Thank you for your prayers and support, I couldnt do it without you. General Conference is going to be epic and I am so excited! I have never been this excited for GC before! We are going up to Nottingham to watch it at the stake center, we get to see all of it minus sunday afternoon due to time differences we would have to watch it at like 10 pm here. But I am so excited to take Yan and Chris and all our investigators as we all feel the spirit and listen to what heavenly father wants us to hear. Hope everyone has a great week! Mom if you need any help with seminary from us missionaries we are in! Jordy tear it up in Vollyball and Naes swim fast! Tan, you are just the man! I love you all! Keep working hard Dally and Amy, send me some cute prego pics! You to Ted! Love you all
Cheers Ducky
W9 Sister Wengert
 
Displaying P1030454.JPG

Displaying P1030435.JPG 
 
Displaying P1030465.JPG

Displaying P1030447.JPG 
 
Displaying P1030472.JPG

Displaying P1030403.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment