Monday, May 13, 2013

Cheers!

Seeing you on skype yesterday made my life for the next 18 months! Mother's day is officially my favorite holiday! Sooo fun and sorry Tara and TJ, something went dumb on skype and I couldnt get all reconnected but it was so fun to see the boys and you and talk for a bit! Mom- everyone in my district is still talking about how funny you are! haha so thank you for bringing some humor to our missionary lives- It doesnt take much! But all is well and another rainy and hail filled week! 
This week we taught a former investigator who had a date to get baptised and it feel through and a year later we come into the picture and we taught a really good refresher of the restoration (my first "First" lesson on the mish so far) and the spirit was so strong! and at the end of the lesson I got the oppurtnity to extend baptism and she excepted! she  has a date for the 31st of May! Extending baptism was so powerful and such a cool experience! She is really excited but we have a lot of work to do before that date! But prety exciting! Miracles are so real as  a missionary! I love it! Last Pday we saw this guy and his dog and he was walking but we were in our pday clothes and had no pass along cards so we just passed by and didnt say anything! Turns out that night we saw him again! we stopped him and talked with him and gave him a book of Mormon and set up a return appointment! Coincidence I think not! I love miracles, they make everything so worth it! 
This week I ate a sharon fruit for the first time! It is this orange looking fruit you eat here in england! Sooo good and I ate pumpkin for the first time as well. Like the orange part :) Also I had "Missionary chicken" for the first time, a lengendary meal the Beazor family feeds the missionaries! This week a sweet old lady taught me how to eat like a lady, with a knife in your right now and fork in your left! Ill teach you to eat "properly" as she says when I get home! This was right after we modeled here japanese dresses for her! Way good! We also did a lot of service this week at Mama Chesters Home! This women is one of the greatest women that has ever lived! She is originally from Bostwania and her son is a ward missionary and is always working with us! Such a neat family! But Mama Chesters takes good care of us and tells us all of her words of wisdom. She makes sure we never go hungry and is planning on taking us sisters to get our nails done (She looked at my missionaries nails and said " Gurl, me and you need a day to get our nails did) haha Such a sweet women! We built her a shed and painted it for us with the other 2 sets of elders. Suprisingly it looks pretty good! 
This week we had a combined district meeting with the missionaries in Glaucseter. Such a neat and so spirtiual meeting. I love learning from other missionaries and hearing all their experiences! We are all missionaries in almost the same area, but have such differenet expereineces! I love it! 
This week we also had splits with sis Neilson this week! Love her to death and learn so much from her each time! She is from Utah and we are allready making plans for when we get back to go boarding and eat at Olive Garden! 
This week I got some interesting compliments from some people! Some lady as she was slamming the door in our faces yelled ou Hey Nice teeth and slammed the door! Another person yelled out hey I respec you but I believe in Science not jesus! haha Love the people more and more here! I cant beleive I have finishe my first transfer allready- it really has flown by! Our District Leader Elder Lyman leaves Wednesday and its sad to see him go! But
Mom- for my birthday don't send me that toothbrush I have it all figured out but I would love crest whitenting strips maybe and some real dove powdered deodorant none of that spray on stuff! Love you so much! Thanks for all you do! Dad hope you and Naes had fun in The GC! Missed you on Skype- but dad thank you for answering that random UK phone number! Love you all and have a great week! Cheers!
w9




No comments:

Post a Comment