Monday, December 30, 2013

Happy New Year!

Well ,long time no Chat! It was so good to see you all on Christmas and you all look so good, but also different! Tan you are the man and I loved your ring, your getting so grown up, not my little tan man anymore! Naes I loved the onesie and hope you liked it, your so grown up as well and are even more beutiful as ever, and im glad someone understands about the MRI uncomfortablness! Jordy, thank you for my gift and I knew you picked it out becuase it was so cute, not saying mum doesnt pick out cute stuff too haha but I love it and thank you for it! Dallin, I could not get over you! You are a miracle and Look Amazing! Im not going to lie I was a bit nervous to see you and hear you, but you look wonderful and it truely is a miracle! Keep up all your hard work! Im so proud of you, and told President and sis Rasmussen and they loved hearing all about you! Amy your belly is adorable  and Happy Birthaday tomorrow! When are you do, I feel like one monday im just going to pop open the email and it will say hello you have another nephew! Im so excited! Tara when are you due and the boys are so cute and Ty is doing so well! Tj what would we do without you? We probably would have to just skype in silence! haha Mom is so was so good to see you and hear your voice and Dad even though you made me a bit jealous with that cinnamon roll, it was soo good to see you and loved you in your beanie! haha Can you send some pictures of Christmas next week! What did everyone get?? How did Ty and Lev opening their presents! Ty was so cute on his motorcylce rollercoaster and talks so well! I loved the Thomas S. Monson! He will make a great missionary some day! I would have just been happy to sit and watch you all, it was crazy to all at once see everyone, but I loved it and was sad it went by so fast! Thank you so SO SO much for the parcels and Gifts I got! I didnt even get to say thank you! But Tara thank you for the frame and pictures (i think you accidently sent Lindas paper to me as well haha) but that family picture is so cute and you look beautiful as usual! But thank you, I loved it and the frame is hanging next to our area map! Thank you mama for the gift as well, the blanket which is now sitting on my bed, and the scarfs as well! I love the thick one and sister peronnet did as well! Thank you for the shirt too, I love it! Everything was great and I was spoiled so much on that day! Derek Im sorry your case was a bit different, but I hope you get your packages soon- do you really have to put Jesus on the parcel to get it there safe, I sent you one for Christmas so look for it as well! But Skype was so goooood and I still just sit and smile when I think of it! I forgot half the questions I was going to ask but still good! How is Sally the Mustang doing? How is Grandpa doing- both Grandpas?
Christmas was good and we ate and ate and skyped and ate! But it was fun to be all around the families and join in on everything! We walked into one home and Home alone was playing and I almost screamed for joy, but of course we were obedient and they turned it off haha! But the 3 seconds I saw of the part where Marv was about to say Wow what a hole, brought back some good memories! I loved being a missinoary during Christmas and allowing my testimony to grow on the divinty of the saviour! I know he lives and loves us all and am so grateful I got to focus on Christ so much more than any other christmas I have in the past! Christmas on a mission is something I will never have again, which makes me sad, but I am so grateful for the oppurtunity to have it! The study I had that morning, and many other ones leading up to Christmas is something Ill never forget.
This week was probably one of our best weeks number wise and experience wise in my whole mission or about that! It was amazing and Sister Peronnet wasnt feeling well and we had 2 days not full pros either! It was so fun! We taught many lessons and also got 2 new investigators! We finally were able to teach Jonathen from Nigera and he is the man! I love him so much! He has this deep smoker type voice and loves the lord more than anyone i know. He says he wants to come out preaching with us! haha But we taught him the 1st lesson and began to read the Book of Mormon. He says it is a fantastic book and he knows it is true. He loves coming to Church and came to the carol service they did on Christmas day! He is on a baptismal date for the 18 of January and we still have lots of connections to help him make and teach! but He is the coolest guy and although it is hard to teach becuase he talks a lot! haha I have allready learnt so much from him. It was pretty neat the other day we were teaching him and in the middle of us testifying about how God is our loving Heavenly father his neighbor (he lives in a flat complex of a bunch of single bedrooms and one living room and kitchen) comes in and interupts by saying hey want some coffee? haha we said oh thats ok and turn back to Jonathan, but he comes over and introduces himself to us and his name is Artin. He continues to come and say are you sure you dont want coffee...tea? a couple other times, and finally I explained to him we dont drink Coffee haha, but I got the impression, and I was studying this in teaching skills in preach my gospel to invite him to listen to what we had to say, so i did and he said he would finish his coffee and come and sit down! he did and it turns out he comes from muslim descent but his mum is christian and he is in the middle to figure out what he wants. We taught him the Book of Mormon and how to pray and he said he would try to make it to chruch tomorrow! It was a neat expereince to actually do what preach my gospel tells us to do and it actually works and we get another new investigator! I figured out the key to missionary work is to do exactly what PMG says! haha that simple follow the spirit and do what PMG says and how! Took me long enough to figure that one out! haha Miracles again...there everyewhere!
England use to not be a baptising mission and not a very successful one at that, but the Lord is really hastening his work, even in Cold wet England, people are being prepared!
Karen and Jackie are also doing good and we are teaching much more than before and the success in our area is booming at the moment! Such a blessing to be able to witness it and to be apart of it! Jackie texted us the other day and said she made a goal to read one chapeter in the Book Of Mormon a day! and I also got to pass on a referral to the Tucson, Arizona mission, her daughter! Preatty cool! The more success we see as missionaries the more confidence in Heavely Father that the work we are doing is so inportant and is real and happeneing now!
I havent really been able to reade Dereks emails super well, becuase I get them all a week behind everyone else and just get enough time to skim through them so i took some time to read through them and Derek! You are the man!  I didint realize how far in the middle of no where you are! You are a great example to me and am grateful to be serving at the same time as you! Keep up the good work and I hope your Christmas was good, it made my day to hear your voice and see your brown tan face haha! im so white now haha! But really keep up the good work!
What are the plans for New years? We have to be in by 6 oclock haha too much craziness outside, plus we live in student housing so way too much craziness going on!
Life is good. Thank you for you! Im glad you all had a good time and Im sure dev and ted are keeping you intertained, i was sad not to see them but tell everyone I love them all very much! Je Taime (my french is getting better) Avaju!
W9 Sister Wengert
Happy New Years!
Displaying P1080330.JPGDisplaying P1080349.JPGDisplaying P1080340.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment